Do you know what Yontoo Pagerage is?
Yontoo Pagerage is a browser extension that allows you to customize your Facebook layout and add a theme to your profile page. This program comes with other freeware applications that you can download from a number of third party websites. The plugin may not be particularly dangerous browser extension, but Yontoo Pagerage is often categorized as adware application. Adware can be particularly annoying and even dangerous if it is exploited by cyber criminals for malware distribution. Scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner to check out whether you have been infected with malware behind your back.
If it is not your intention to have Yontoo Pagerage on your browser in the first place, you have to be very attentive during freeware installation process, because such programs as FLV player, for example, often come bundled with Yontoo Pagerage as well. You are prompted about the oncoming installation, but a number of users simply ignore the prompts, because they want to go through the installation as quick as possible.
Needless to say, that the commercial advertisements displayed by Yontoo Pagerage are the most problematic part of this extension. The thing is that these advertisements look like legitimate ads from Facebook, but that is not the case. Yontoo Pagerage does not review the ads that are being displayed through it, and the pop-up ads might as well come with embedded outgoing links that lead to corrupted websites. Should you click on any of them, you could end up infected with malware.
If you don’t need to this extension, you should remove Yontoo Pagerage from your PC. Luckily, it is possible to terminate this plugin manually, although you should also check whether there are any other undesirable programs installed on your PC. Do not hesitate to invest in a reliable antimalware program to protect your computer.
How to remove Yontoo Pagerage
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom right of your screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and select Control panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Pagerage and/or Yontoo.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Pagerage and/or Yontoo.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or remove programs and uninstall Pagerage and/or Yontoo.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and select Manage add-ons.
- Remove Pagerage from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Pagerage from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove Pagerage from the list.
Eventually, use SpyHunter free scanner to check your computer for any residual unwanted files. Invest in a reliable antimalware program to protect your system.
In non-techie terms:
Yontoo Pagerage is a browser extension that is used to improve your Facebook layout. This plugin could be related to malware distribution, so you should remove Yontoo Pagerage from your system for good.