Do you know what Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is?
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is a browser hijacker that is extremely annoying. It presents you with a variety of potential computer security issues, and it can inadvertently redirect you to dangerous websites that are involved in malware distribution. Hence, you have to remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from your computer as soon as possible. It might be a rather complicated task, seeing how this browser hijacker does not have an entry in the list of installed programs. Nevertheless, it is possible to achieve if you follow the manual removal instructions below and invest in a legitimate computer security application.
Luckily, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info does not present us with anything new or surprising. This browser hijacker comes from a big group of computer infections, and it is identical to Websearch.search-plaza.info, Websearch.searchfix.info, Websearch.flyandsearch.info, and all the other infections from the same family. Since Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is identical to its predecessors, we know exactly what to expect from it, and what this program does.Websearch.helpmefindyour.info screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
First, you have to understand that you initiate the hijacker’s download. Chances are that you don’t even realize it because it is not possible to download Websearch.helpmefindyour.info directly. The hijacker’s installer is always included in the setup file for some freeware application. These setup files are hosted by third-party file sharing websites, and users tend to download them automatically, without giving it much of a second thought. Consequently, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info enters your computer and modifies your browser settings.
At first, it might seem that Websearch.helpmefindyour.info can provide you with a decent search engine service. However, if you were to enter a query into its search box, you would be redirected to a customized version of the Google search engine. Thus, as you can see, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info cannot provide you with an original search service. On top of that, it adds a lot of commercial links to the search results that lead to its partner websites.
To avoid getting infected with this browser hijacker, you should stay away from unfamiliar sites and close random pop-ups that appear on your screen immediately. If you are offered to download Flash or Java update out of the blue, chances are you are being offered an adware installer with Websearch.helpmefindyour.info in it. Hence, never click on pop-up ads that promote known programs if they are not displayed on the official websites.
To delete Websearch.helpmefindyour.info, scan your computer with the SpyHunter free scanner. It will detect all the unwanted programs on-board. Consequently, you will be able to remove unwanted programs at once. Afterwards, restore your browser settings to default and invest in a legitimate computer security application.
How to remove unwanted programs
Windows 8 & Windows 8.1
- Move the mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on the Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove unwanted programs.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove unwanted applications.
- Press the Windows key and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall unwanted apps.
Restore browser settings to default
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and press Reset again.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button at the top right of the new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on the confirmation box.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down and select Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset on the confirmation box.
In non-techie terms:
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is an infection that messes with your browser settings. It breaches your privacy by displaying customized ads. This can lead to even more serious issues, so you need to get rid of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info as soon as possible.