Do you know what Websearch.eazytosearch.info is?
Websearch.eazytosearch.info is a browser hijacker that affects all browsers. It uses justplug.it extension engine and comes from a big family of computer infections. Other browser hijackers similar to Websearch.eazytosearch.info include Websearch.fastosearch.info, WebSearch.searchsun.info, websearch.webisgreat.info and many others. You have to remove Websearch.eazytosearch.info from your computer if you want to avoid even more dangerous computer threats. Scroll down to the bottom of this description for two sets of Websearch.eazytosearch.info removal instructions. You can always leave us a comment if you have any specific question about this browser hijacker.
There is no way to download Websearch.eazytosearch.info directly. It means that people download and install Websearch.eazytosearch.info bundled with freeware. There are a lot of websites that promote fake Flash or Java updates. When users click on a fake download link, they download more adware and Websearch.eazytosearch.info instead of the actual upgrade. Thus, if you must upgrade your media player or your plugins, be sure to download update files from official websites.
Websearch.eazytosearch.info may also arrive via torrent websites, file sharing web pages, or together with other adware programs. Upon the installation, this browser hijacker changes your default search engine and homepage to Websearch.eazytosearch.info. What is more, it also installs extensions to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers. The default name of this extension is SearchNewTab or SNT, but the name can be generated at random as well. Therefore, do not be surprised to come across such names as SnT, SNNT, SeeARCh--newTAAb and so on.
Although Websearch.eazytosearch.info appears as a genuine search engine, it redirects you to Google search results. However, we should not rule out the possibility that Websearch.eazytosearch.info may display customized search results. These search results could redirect you to affiliated websites to increase their traffic. With increased traffic, you help affiliated adware creators generate financial revenue.
It is not an illegal activity, but there are certain computer security risks attached. For example, Websearch.eazytosearch.info displays commercial advertisements that are embedded with third party content. No browser hijacker reviews what kinds of links are embedded into their pop-ups and other types of ads. Therefore, Websearch.eazytosearch.info could accidentally redirect you to potentially corrupted websites.
If you want to avoid security threats, you need to remove Websearch.eazytosearch.info right now. Luckily, it is not hard to terminate this application. While you are at it, scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner and then delete all the other unwanted programs, because you are bound to have some.
How to remove Websearch.eazytosearch.info from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove SearchNewTab.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove SearchNewTab.
- Click Start menu and go to Settings.
- Open Control Panel and access Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall SearchNewTab.
Remove Websearch.eazytosearch.info from your browser
- Press Alt+T and go to Internet options.
- Change your homepage under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T once more and select Manage add-ons.
- Go to Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Websearch.eazytosearch.info.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change your homepage under General tab and press OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Web Search from the list and press OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove SearchNewTab from the list.
- Restart browser.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools. Open Extensions.
- Remove SNT from the list and click Settings on the left.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page. Press OK.
- Click Change next to Show home button under Appearance.
- Delete Websearch.eazytosearch.info, enter a new homepage address and press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Web Search and click Done.
If you are still having problem with Websearch.eazytosearch.info, you can try the second set of manual removal instructions below this article.
In non-techie terms:
Websearch.eazytosearch.info is a potential computer security threat and you must remove it from the system immediately. You may also need to delete other unwanted software, because this infection seldom travels alone.