Do you know what Tikotin Search is?
Tikotin Search is a browser hijacker that may modify your browser settings without your permission. It most probably entered your computer together with some freeware application you have downloaded from a third-party website. Tikotin Search is a potential computer security threat, and you cannot keep it on your system. Hence, the sooner you remove Tikotin Search from the computer, the better. Do not forget that there might be other potentially unwanted applications on board, and you need to take care of them too.
The guys at our research lab say that Tikotin Search is the same as Lasaoren, Astromenda, Speedial and other browser hijackers from the same group. Thus, we can assume that this infection spreads through Installcore installers when users download freeware. It is definitely disturbing because it means that you download Tikotin Search onto your computer willingly. It does not matter that you have no idea this browser hijacker will be installed on the PC. The point is that you have to exercise safe web browsing habits if you want to avoid similar infections. If you fail to protect your PC from harm, the likes of Tikotin Search will enter the system in no time.Tikotin Search screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Browser hijackers function more like promotional tools. It means that Tikotin Search will try to expose you to affiliated third-party content. For the most part, that content is not 100% safe. This browser hijacker displays advertisements on its homepage, and if you click any of the ads, you will be redirected to websites that distribute adware and even malware (in the worst cases). What is more, Tikotin Search cannot provide you with a reliable search function because whenever you try search for something via this search engine, you get redirected to yaimo.com. This search engine is also an old browser hijacker.
Hence, there is nothing useful and reliable about Tikotin Search. This application modifies your browser settings without your permission, and if you are not careful enough it may eventually expose you to websites that promote malware. What is more, the fact that Tikotin Search is on your computer means you have more than one unwanted application installed as well. Therefore, you should run a full PC scan with a reliable antispyware application to determine all the potential system threats.
Reset your browser settings to default and remove all unnecessary programs via Control panel. After manual removal you still have to scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner to make sure that your computer is absolutely safe. Do not hesitate to leave us a comment if you have any further questions.
How to reset browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- Press Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox on the new tab.
- Press Reset Firefox on a confirmation box.
- Click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset on confirmation box.
Remove unwanted programs
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove unnecessary applications.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove unwanted programs.
- Click Start menu and select Control panel.
- Open Add or remove programs and uninstall unnecessary applications.
In non-techie terms:
Tikotin Search will appear on your browser when you install a list of unwanted applications on your computer. You need to restore your browser settings and terminate Tikotin Search immediately if you want to avoid serious computer security issues. For alternative software removal method, check out the additional set of instructions below.