Do you know what Softtunes Search and Toolbar are?
Softtunes Search and Toolbar is a browser plugin available from softtunes.ourtoolbar.com. The program comes bundled with the Conduit search tools Softtunes Customized Web Search and search.conduit.com which are also known as the Trovi search tools. Even though you may see no harm in using these on a daily basis because they are supposedly enhanced by Google, our researchers have discovered that there are much more reliable search applications you could use. You certainly should not trust a search engine which promotes suspicious services, products, surveys and prize draws, or which displays advertisement supported search results over the ones you would find useful. Continue reading if you want to learn how to delete Softtunes Search and Toolbar from the PC.
Conduit Ltd. is linked to tens, maybe even hundreds, of different toolbars which have been discovered to travel bundled with the search.conduit.com or Trovi search. If you do not want to find this search tool replacing your regular ones, we recommend that you install Metacrawler Toolbar, Freshy Toolbar, Bitlord Toolbar, and other Conduit toolbars with the necessary precaution. In fact, we do not recommend installing these plugins at all because they are not as useful as it may seem at first. Even though you may be glad to find easy access links to Amazon, Facebook and Twitter, you certainly can add these to the original Favorites/Bookmark toolbars of your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. All in all, our researchers cannot indicate one beneficial feature of the application, which is why Softtunes Search and Toolbar removal is something we recommend.
Softtunes Search and Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
You can remove Softtunes Search and Toolbar using the manual removal instructions provided below. If you perform all of the steps carefully, you will have the undesirable toolbar deleted and the suspicious search tools will be replaced with the preferred ones. We recommend that you install authentic malware detection and removal software after you complete the manual instructions. If you do not employ security software to safeguard the system, soon enough it could get infected with all sorts of dangerous threats.
Delete Softtunes Toolbar
Delete from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI menu.
- Right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to remove and click Uninstall.
Delete from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bat and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable application.
- Click Uninstall to remove the undesirable program from the PC.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Move to the left of the Task Bar and click Start.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the undesirable program and select Remove.
Remove Softtunes Search
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Move to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/delete the provided URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and repeat step 4 to delete the undesirable home page.
- Now move to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Click X on the URL of the unwanted provider and click Done.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page box.
- Change/delete the provided URL and click OK.
- Move the cursor to the top-right corner to the search box.
- Click the search provider icon and select Manage Search Engines.
- Select the unwanted provider, click Remove and then OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Remove for undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Once again simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page.
- Change/delete the URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
We recommend you have Softtunes Search and Toolbar deleted from the operating system because these browsers plugins are not beneficial or reliable. If you choose to keep these installed onto the browsers, you will be introduced to sponsored search results, random banner advertisements and pop-ups. In order to ensure that your operating system is protected reliably, you should install reliable security software as soon as you get rid of the suspicious plugins. Click the download button below to acquire a reputable and beneficial anti-malware program.
Aliases: Softtunes Toolbar.