Do you know what Prize-Party is?
If your PC is infected with Prize-Party hijacker, whenever you browse the web you will be routed to prize-party.com. The slogan of the page is “pick your prize and win”; however, it could be dangerous to trust the source and promoted offers. Are you interested in becoming one of the testers for new iPhone, iPad, Macbook Air and Blackberry gadgets? Are you interested in free iTunes vouchers? If you click on any of these offers, you will be asked to Log in using Facebook. Once you type in the email address and the password, you are routed to a registration form. Needless to say, you should not fill it, unless you do not mind the possibility of sharing personal data with schemers. All in all, as soon as you notice abrupt, unauthorized rerouting to suspicious sites, you should remove Prize-Party Hijacker without any hesitation.
Once you visit prize-party.com, click on the presented ads or follow the instructions to log in through your personal Facebook account, you are validating potentially dangerous browser cookies. They could be used to track your personal online activities, reveal login data and record statistical information. Overall, it would best to delete any cookies related to the source or the browser hijacker. Cyber crooks could utilize collected information to perform virtual scams, release misleading pop-up ads and subsequently even drop malware onto the PC. This is the main reason why you should remove Prize-Party Hijacker from the computer.
Unauthorized web page redirecting is not only irritating but could also be dangerous. If you do not want to become a victim of cyber crooks, you should employ automatic removal software (e.g. SpyHunter) to delete Prize-Party Hijacker and other potentially existing malware. Once you are done with the removal of the threat you can then proceed manually with the modifications of your browser settings.
Modify browser settings
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers
- Click the unwanted option and click Remove. Click Close.
- Open the Tools menu (Alt+T) again and select Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab.
- Overwrite/delete the provided home page and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages, click Set Pages, delete the provided URL and click OK.
- Navigate to Appearance, mark Show Home button, click Change, overwrite the URL and click OK.
- Navigate to Search, from the drop-down menu select the preferred search provider and click Manage search engines.
- Click X to remove the unwanted option and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Options, click on the General tab, overwrite home page and click OK.
- Navigate to the search box (top-right corner) and click the icon for the drop-down menu.
- Select Manage search engines.
- Click the unwanted search provider, select Remove and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Prize-Party Hijacker is a malicious browser hijacker which can force you to visit various suspicious sites, including prize.party.com. You should trust automatic removal software to delete Prize-Party Hijacker, after which you should employ the manual instructions to reconfigure browser settings. Do you have more questions regarding the threat or its removal? Post them in the comment area below.
Aliases: Prize-Party.com .