Do you know what MindDabble is?
Have you found home.mywebsearch.com set as your home page? Then you must have installed MindDabble toolbar or another Mindspark browser plugin. This particular extension is meant to help you access fun online games from one location. Without a doubt, this toolbar would be a real hit with computer users all over the world; however, its developers have attached My Web Search. This search tool comes bundled with the add-on, and many Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox users are unhappy about the provided reconfigurations of the browser settings. Do you want to delete MindDabble or remove the undesirable home page and search provider options? Continue reading to learn how.
Mindspark Interactive Network is well-known for a number of browser extensions, like the HeadlineAlley Toolbar or Utility Chest. It has been discovered that all of these applications come bundled with the truly suspicious search tool. Contrary to the common belief, Mindspark does not change the browser settings illegally or without consent. Our researchers have tested the application and have discovered that the user is allowed to refuse the homepage and default search engine recommendations. Therefore, if you believe that the program has been pushed upon you, it would be wise to think if you paid close attention to the provided installation setup. Overall, we can help you restore the settings accordingly to your own preferences, and all you have to do is continue reading.
MindDabble toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Manual or automatic removal? Which one should you choose to delete MindDabble from the browsers and the operating Windows system? We strongly recommend that you keep your own virtual security guarded by authentic security software at all times. If you have not implemented such software yet, you can download SpyHunter, which will automatically remove MindDabble, scan the PC for other potentially running threats and ensure that malware removal does not bother you in the future. If you need an alternative, you can follow the manual removal instructions provided below. Note that once you perform the first step, the toolbar will be removed from both of the browsers.
Step 1: delete unwanted programs from PC
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the undesirable toolbar and click Remove.
Delete from Windows Vista & Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want to remove -> Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen and right-click on the background.
- Click All apps -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the toolbar that you want to delete -> Uninstall.
Step 2: change the browser settings
- Launch Firefox and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the provided Home Page and click OK.
- Move the cursor to the search box at the top-right corner of the page.
- Click the represented icon and select Manage Search Engines.
- Click the unwanted search provider.
- Select Remove and click OK.
- Launch IE and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers (menu on the left).
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T again and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and navigate to Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the provided URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
MindDabble toolbar is a browser extension which enables easy-access links to various online-gaming sites. As research shows, the plugin travels bundled with the My Web Search tools which do not provide reliable search results. If you wish to change the home page and the search provider within your Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers – follow step 2. If you also want to delete MindDabble – follow both of the manual removal steps. Also do not forget to install authentic spyware detection and removal software.