Do you know what Crypt0L0cker is?
Crypt0L0cker might attack your system if it is unprotected and Windows is the primary OS. This ransomware infection will lock your screen and put a screen-sized message on it, which means that you will not be able to use your computer. In order to gain access to it, you will have to remove Crypt0L0cker. As it is a really serious computer infection, it is very difficult to remove it manually. Do not worry; we will explain you how to get rid of this infections in this article.
As has been already mentioned, Crypt0L0cker will place a warning message on the screen. According to it, your personal files have been encrypted by this threat and you will be able to access them only if you pay a ransom of 100 USD/100 EUR. You will be able to do that via MoneyPak, paysafecard, Ukash, and cashU. In addition, you will be able to transfer a particular sum in Bitcoins. It might seem that making a payment is the easiest solution; however, you should know that there are no guarantees that you will gain access to your PC and your files. Therefore, we believe that it would be smart to remove Crypt0L0cker from the system instead of paying money.
Unfortunately, it is very likely that the removal of Crypt0L0cker will not help you to decrypt your files. Do not worry; you can still restore your files from a backup even if you are not going to pay money for cyber criminals. As can be seen, Crypt0L0cker is a very harmful infection and it might really cause you problems if it slithers onto your PC. If you do not want this to happen, make sure that you acquire a security tool and always keep it enabled. Keep in mind that only a reliable tool can help you to protect your system from future malware.
You will not be able to delete Crypt0L0cker via Control Panel. Actually, it is very difficult to remove it manually. Luckily, the SpyHunter antimalware suite will help you to get rid of this infection. In order to remove Crypt0L0cker and access desktop, you have to acquire SpyHunter, install it on the system, and then perform a full system scan. Do not forget to start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking first in order to be able to download this tool.
How to delete Crypt0L0cker
- Restart your computer and start tapping F8 when BIOS screen disappears.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Click Yes.
- Download SpyHunter from http://www.spyware-techie.com/removal .
- Open the Start menu and launch RUN. Type in msconfig. Click OK.
- Select Startup Tab and then click Disable all. Click OK.
- Install SpyHunter and then scan your PC.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Restart your computer and press F8.
- Use arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking from the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Tap Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/removal and download the tool.
- Install it and perform a scan.
Windows 8 and 8.1
- Click on the Power button (it is placed at the Windows login screen or Settings charm).
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options and then click Startup Settings. Click Restart.
- Tap F5 to boot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Launch your browser and visit http://www.spyware-techie.com/removal .
- Download the security tool and install it in order to remove Crypt0L0cker.
In non-techie terms:
In order to protect your system from similar threats in the future, you should not only install a trustworthy antimalware tool, but also stop opening various spam email attachments. Our security experts also suggest that you do not click on various ads placed on suspicious websites because you might download and install malware very quickly.