Do you know what Cloud-connect.net is?
Cloud-connect.net is a referral ID for an advertising platform, developed by cyber criminals. Essentially, it is an adware that can and does work regardless of what Internet browser and search engine you primarily utilize. It has been designed to generate traffic for the developers’ affiliates and sponsors in order to create an income.
Even though such monetizing practices are both legal and usual, this particular program has been classified as an adware because it uses unethical and intrusive techniques and may pose a dangerous threat to your system. It is highly advised to remove Cloud-connect.net in order to prevent it causing serious damage to your system.
It is likely that you are not sure by what means this infection has entered your computer. The most common practices do no require your consent, as Cloud-connect.net comes in bundled with freeware or pirated programs, spam e-mail attachments or links to infected websites. Sometimes it only takes stumbling upon such malignant website or a genuine yet compromised website. There have been cases where the users were tricked into thinking a program is legitimate and downloading the infection on their own.
However, it only keeps its head down while it is trying to get in and when it gains the access, you will be sure to see it. This platform will produce regular advertisements, but it will also redirect you to potentially malignant websites, create a flood of pop-up ads and flash update boxes. It is important to note that having this adware in your computer compromises your safety, and it would be a smart option to delete Cloud-connect.net.
To successfully remove Cloud-connect.net from your system, it is important to locate and get rid of its source. Such source may be one or some of the following programs and or/extensions:
- DownloadTerms 1.0;
- WebCake 3.00;
- Selection Links;
- Browser Defender;
- Simple Lyrics.
It is important to note that other programs can be responsible for the infection, too. Still, if any of these are installed in your computer, you should definitely get rid of them, because they can only lead to more serious infections finding their way into your system. If you have any problems during the un-installation process at all, you can rely on an adware removal tool to delete Cloud-Connect.net. Even if you do succeed, you should still scan your computer afterwards, because there is no way of being sure that your computer is clean otherwise.
Remove Cloud-Connect.net From your operating system:
- Open Metro UI screen.
- Right click any of the programs.
- Select uninstall on the tab that will appear in the bottom of the screen.
- Programs and Features will open.
- Click on and uninstall the programs from the list above.
- Uninstall any other unauthorized programs, but do check their installation dates to avoid removing genuine software.
- Download SpyHunter and install it.
- Run a free scan to double check your system for infections.
- Press Start.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Choose and uninstall programs you have from the list above.
- Uninstall other programs you did not download, but do check when they were installed to be sure they are the ones you want to get rid of.
- Download SpyHunter at http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph.
- Install it and run a free scan to make sure your computer is free of any threats.
- Click Start.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on and uninstall the programs listed above.
- Uninstall other uninvited programs. Make sure to check their installation dates to be sure they are not genuine.
- Download and install SpyHunter.
- Run a free scan to be sure your computer is not infected any more.
From your Internet browser:
- Click Alt+T.
- Go to Manage Add-ons.
- Under Toolbars and Extensions, select and delete unknown extensions.
- Press Alt+T.
- Open Add-ons.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- Disable the extensions you did not download.
- Click Alt+F.
- Open Settings.
- Click Extensions on the left.
- Click the bin icon on the right of each unwanted extension to delete them.
After successfully removing these extensions, download SpyHunter and run a free scan so that you are sure you eliminated all the malignant programs and/or extensions.
In non-techie terms: Cloud-connect.net is an adware that will produce unreliable advertisements. It can lead to even more serious computer infections and so you should get rid of it as soon as you notice its presence.