Do you know what BK LPD virus is?
BK LPD virus is a malicious program that you should be present in your system. This ransomware application poses as a legitimate representative of the Austrian law enforcement authorities and locks you out of your computer. It also means that your PC is infected with Urausy Trojan, because Ukash Virus group infections (BK LPD virus included) are distributed by this Trojan. You need to restore your desktop access immediately and remove BK LPD virus from your computer along with other possible threats, because malware will never disappear on its own.
Granted BK LPD virus, which is directly related to Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt und alle Daten verschlüsselt wurden!, Landespolizeidirection Bundesministerium für Inneres Virus, Polizei Österreich Virus and many other ransomware applications for the Austrian market, can be delivered by a number of other means of malware distribution. The malware makes use of your system vulnerabilities and then strikes immediately after the installation is complete.
Once BK LPD virus is set and running, the infection displays a fake notification on your screen. The message in question does not allow you to access your desktop. What is more, according to the message on your screen, your PC has been locked because you were storing and distributing material of prohibited content:
WARNUNG! Zugang von Ihrem persönlichen Computer wurde vorläufig aus den unten aufgelisteten Gründen gesperrt.
Ihnen wird die Ansicht/Lagerung und/oder den Vertrieb von pornographischem Material von verbotenen Inhalte (Kinderpornografie/Zoophilie/Vergewaltigung, etc.) vorgeworfen. Sie haben die Allgemeine Erklärung zur Bekämpfung der Verbreitung von Kinderpornographie verletz wegen einer Straftat nach Artikel 161 des Strafgesetzbuches der Republik Österreich.
BK LPD virus claims that you need to pay 100 euro immediately – it gives you 48 hours – otherwise your personal information will be forwarded to the court, and you will need to face criminal charges. BK LPD virus accepts payments via Ukash or PaySafeCard, and these alternative payment systems require neither a credit card nor a bank account, so it means that almost anyone could be robbed by BK LPD virus.
In order to protect yourself from BK LPD virus, you need to keep your money to yourself and then proceed with the restoration of your desktop access. There is nothing legitimate about the message on your screen, and the International Cyber Security Protection Alliance. What is more, your computer will not be unlocked no matter how much money you transfer to BK LPD virus. Therefore, follow the instructions below and make sure that you remove every single infection from your system.
Restore desktop access
- Press Windows key and metro GUI will open.
- Click Internet Explorer and access http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph.
- Click Run on the download dialog box and install SpyHunter.
- Scan your computer.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Reboot the PC and tap F8 repeatedly.
- If Windows logo appears, restart your computer and try again.
- When Advanced Boot Options menu appears, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and perform a full system scan.
- Follow the steps 1 and 2 above.
- Click Yes on the confirmation box.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Click Start button and launch Run.
- Type “msconfig” into the Open box. Click OK.
- Select Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Click Disable all and press OK.
- Restart your computer in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and scan your PC.
Do leave a comment below if you need any help with BK LPD virus’s removal, or you have a general question about computer security.
In non-techie terms:
BK LPD virus is a dangerous computer threat that does not allow you to access your computer and requires you to transfer a designated sum of money via Ukash. Remove BK LPD virus from your PC right now and protect yourself from similar infections.
Aliases: BK virus.