When you insert a CD or DVD into your drive does it run Automatically or wait for your actions?
You can change the settings in your registry to automatically run CD's or DVD when they are inserted in a CD or DVD drive on your PC. The steps below will assist you in changing this setting in your system's registry.
- Open your registry editor by going to Start Menu > Run > type in regedit
- Find the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer using the folders on the left pane.
- Set the value data of the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry to 95 00 00 00 (for Windows 95, 98, or ME) or 95 (for Windows NT, 2000, XP). This is done by double clicking the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry and entering 95 00 00 00 (for Windows 95, 98, or ME) or 95 (for Windows NT, 2000, XP) in the Value data field. Click OK.
- Find the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
- Repeat step 3 for this path location then proceed to step 6.
- Close the Registry Editor and Restart Windows for the changes to take effect.