Do you know what Websearch.soft-quick.info is?
You might have already figured out that Websearch.soft-quick.info is an unreliable search provider. In some cases, this search tool enters operating systems with the knowledge of their owners, but it could be infiltrated illegally as well. If you find that the search tool has replaced the default search provider and the home page on your browsers, you must delete Websearch.soft-quick.info as a browser hijacker. Should you remove this search tool if you have installed it yourself? Our researchers believe that you should, because it could be used by unreliable parties. Learn more about this, as well as the removal of the search tool, by reading this report.websearch.soft-quick.info screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
As soon as you detect Websearch.soft-quick.info on your browsers, you need to inspect your operating system, and a reliable malware scanner is perfect for the task. In many cases, Websearch.soft-quick.info is spread using Installrex installers which are infamous for distributing adware, potentially unwanted programs, and, in some cases, even malicious software. Unfortunately, it is likely that you will need to delete malicious or undesirable programs from your PC together with the hijacker. The removal of third-party programs might burden the victims of Websearch.resulthunters.info, Websearch.homesearchapp.info, and other Websearch Hijackers. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of Websearch.soft-quick.info clones that require removal, which is why it is crucial to install reliable security software after you remove Websearch.soft-quick.info from your PC. Otherwise, malware will keep flooding.
All computer users can remove Websearch.soft-quick.info from browsers. Unfortunately, not all users are experienced enough to identify and delete the malicious programs associated with this hijacker. Whether you choose to find and delete malicious programs manually or to install a trustworthy automated malware remover, you need to begin with the manual removal of Websearch.soft-quick.info. Is your virtual security important to you? If it is, you will install reliable security software right after you delete Websearch.soft-quick.info. Of course, it is best to install software that will delete malware and keep your operating system guarded all at the same time.
How to delete Websearch.soft-quick.info
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T, and select Options.
- Click the General tab, remove/overwrite the URL under Home Page, and click OK.
- Click the Search icon on the left of the Firefox search box to access a menu.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable search provider. Click OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T, and select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and Remove the undesirable search provider. Click Close.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page URL, and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F, and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and choose Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the URL of the undesirable and unreliable search tool and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, choose Change, and follow step 3.
- Move to Search, click Manage search engines, and set a new default search engine.
- Navigate to the URL of the search tool you wish to remove, click the X mark, and select Done.
In non-techie terms:
Websearch.soft-quick.info might be recognized as a browser hijacker. Even if the search tool has not entered your operating system without permission, you still should remove Websearch.soft-quick.info. This search tool does not offer any beneficial services, and instead it can put your virtual security at risk. If you want to, you can follow the manual removal guide above, but we want to remind you that other infections could be present, and Websearch.soft-quick.info could have leftovers. Automatic malware removal software can delete all infections and leftovers most quickly and efficiently.