Do you know what VisualBee Toolbar is?
Although at first sight VisualBee Toolbar looks like a useful browser plugin, quite a few users complain that it slows down their browsers and even installs itself without their permission. That is not exactly true, because VisualBee Toolbar is a part of OurToolbar family developed by Conduit. It is distributed in the very same ways as MIXI.Dj Toolbar, Imminent Community Toolbar, Appbario Toolbar and many others. VisualBee Toolbar prompts you about the oncoming installation as these plugins do not use stealth techniques to enter computers. However, if you had no intention to have this application on your browser, it is for the best to remove VisualBee Toolbar from your system right now.
If you go as far as installing the full version of VisualBee Toolbar on your PC, your home page and your default search engine will be changed as well. That happens if you are not careful enough during installation. In case a full version of Visual Bee Toolbar is installed, you also get a free computer optimization application called TuneUp Utilities 2013. However, the utility of this program is highly questionable, so it is recommended to remove it along with VisualBee Toolbar.
VisualBee Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
When VisualBee Toolbar changes your home page settings, the plugin starts collecting various web browsing information, monitoring your browsing habits. The information is used to provide you with commercial advertisements that would be related to your overall browsing preferences. However, the data collected may be also misused for marketing purposes. Not to mention that with search.conduit.com being your home page, sooner or later you could be exposed to malware. Although VisualBee Toolbar is not a computer virus, it is very common for malicious programs to make use of such plugins in order to distribute computer threats. Therefore, the sooner you remove VisualBee Toolbar from your PC, the better.
How to remove VisualBee Toolbar from PC
Instructions for Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove VisualBee V.1 Toolbar.
Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove VisualBee V.1 Toolbar.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall VisualBee V.1 Toolbar.
Reset browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- Once the reset is complete, press Close and OK.
- Press Firefox button and go to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information.
- Press Reset Firefox on another tab. Click Reset Firefox again.
- When the reset is complete, press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a page or set of pages under On Startup. Click Set pages.
- Remove search.conduit.com and enter a new home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove anything related to Conduit. Click Done.
To make sure that all undesirable programs are removed from your system, scan your computer with SpyHunter free scanner. This way you will know for sure whether you have other dangerous programs to deal with or not.
In non-techie terms:
VisualBee Toolbar is a browser plugin that is supposed to enhance your overall web browsing experience. However, it is a potentially undesirable application that may pose a number of security threats, and you should remove VisualBee Toolbar from your PC at once.
Aliases: VisualBee Virus.