Do you know what search-coupons-bar.com is?
Search-coupons-bar.com might be set as your homepage and your search engine if you have Couponsbar application on your system. It is very similar to Snap.Do because they are both created on the same engine, which is Smartbar. Besides, they both tend to hijack the homepage and the search engine. It does not matter which version of Windows is running on your system or what type of browser you use; search-coupons-bar.com might affect all of them. However, we do not recommend using it as your default search engine because it adds different sponsored links together with search results; thus, it might be more difficult to search for the relevant information. Do you want to use your preferred search engine again? First, you have to remove the program responsible for these changes. In this case, it is Couponsbar. If you do so, you will be able to restore the changes easily.
Even though you might think that Search-coupons-bar.com does not differ from your regular search provider as it allows you to search for Images, Videos, News and other material, you should still keep in mind the fact that different sponsored links are provided together with search results. If you click on them, you might be redirected to the websites that are corrupted. Thus, browsing on them might cause harm. Of course, not all the websites are dangerous. Unfortunately, you will not be able to recognize those unreliable ones.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Couponsbar, which is responsible for Search-coupons-bar.com, might be downloaded from its official website coupons-bar.com; however, it is more likely that it has entered your system together with other applications. Our specialists have found out that the program might come bundled with different kinds of adware. As you can see, you have to install programs carefully; if you do so, you will be able to block the way for those that are unfamiliar.
You will be able to change your default search engine when you erase Couponsbar from the system. For this matter, follow the instructions provided below. They will help you to change your homepage and your search engine as well. There is also a possibility to remove all those infections with a help of an antimalware tool. You should definitely choose a reliable one, for instance, SpyHunter.
How to get rid of search-coupons-bar.com
- Open the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the application and then select Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the undesirable application and then select Uninstall.
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Right-click on the background.
- Select All apps when it comes out.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the useless software.
- Select Uninstall.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers.
- Select a new search engine and click Set as default.
- Click the unwanted provider and remove it.
- Tap Alt+T again and then select Internet Options.
- Type in your homepage URL and click OK.
- Open your browser and locate the search provider icon.
- Click on it and select a search provider from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the icon again and then go to Manage Search Engines…
- Select the unwanted search engine and click Remove.
- Tap Alt+T and navigate to Options.
- Under the General tab, type in URL and click OK.
- Launch your browser and then tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Change/Add address and click OK.
- In Appearance section, mark Show Home button and then click Change.
- Overwrite URL and click OK.
- Click Manage search engines in Search section.
- Select a new search engine and then click Make default.
- Click on the useless provider. Click X.
- Click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Search-coupons-bar.com is a search engine that might be set as your homepage and your search provider if you install Couponsbar on your system. You might download it from its official website; however, it is more likely that it has been installed together with other applications. If you decide to use the manual removal instructions, it is necessary to scan your system with a reliable scanner to find out if there are no other infections. You can download a free SpyHunter scanner by clicking on the button below.