Do you know what Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus is?
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus is a dangerous infection which has been created to make you pay money voluntarily. The infection, which is categorized as ransomware, paralyzes the system and displays a message whose content may make you think that you are dealing with the actual Canadian police. The truth is that every single logo or emblem presented in the message is added by cyber criminals who seek to create an illusion that you will be soon prosecuted if you do not pay the fine of 100 Canadian dollars. International Cyber Security Protection Alliance (ICSPA) and Canadian Police Association (CPA) have nothing to do with your computer and the accusations presented in the fake warning.
Find some excerpts from the message:
You have been violating «Copyright and Related Right Law» (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyrighted content, thus infringing Article 128 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The amount of fine is CAD$100.
You can pay a fine Ukash or PaySafeCard.
You can get PaySafeCard in Canada from all Canadian Tire Gas+, Esso, Pioneer, Gateway, NewStand, EziPin, Now PrePay, Super Safamie, The Bargain Shop and Canada Post outlets.
Do not even think about buying a Paysafecard or Ukash voucher, because you will lose your money and will not restore the settings of the system. Other versions of this threat, also called ICSPA Virus, operate in the same way, so do not wait and remove the Urausy Trojan which displays this misleading full-screen message.
In order to delete the hoax message and protect your own privacy, you should remove Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus like any other computer infection using a powerful spyware removal tool. The following instructions will show you how to install our anti-malware tool properly.
How to remove Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus
- Restart the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS screen to disappear and tap the F8 key until the boot options menu appears.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the downloaded file and remove Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus.
- Reboot the computer.
- Once the BIOS screen disappears, continuously tap the F8 key.
- When the Windows Advanced Options Menu appears, use the arrow keys to move to Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Click Yes on the dialog box.
- Go the Start menu and launch Run.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open box and press OK.
- Disable all startup entries by unchecking them or pressing the Disable All button.
- Select Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the PC.
- Run the installer and scan the PC to detect and remove Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus.
In non-techie terms:
If your computer is infected with Royal Canadian Mounted Police Virus, do not waste your time and remove this cunning threat. Pay no attention to its interface and use a reliable spyware removal tool to terminate the infection.
Aliases: Canadian Police Virus.