Do you know what Findamo.com is?
Findamo.com is a search engine that is often considered to be a browser hijacker. It does not enter your computer surreptitiously, but users often fail to notice that they are about to install additional software on their computers. You have to be careful when you install freeware applications onto your computer because they might have additional features you neither need nor want. Remove Findamo.com from your browser and then run a full system scan to determine what other applications need to be deleted as well.
The reason we are mentioning other potentially unwanted programs is that Findamo.com cannot be download directly. There is no direct installation link for this browser hijacker, so it is clear that it gets distributed bundled with freeware apps. Our research lab team says that Findamo.com usually comes with PC Performer, PortalMore, MyPCBackup and other similar apps. Hence, if you need a system optimization tool, do not download it from a third-party website. Always choose official vendor homepages for your software downloads; otherwise you could end up installing a lot of unwanted programs.Findamo.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Findamo.com usually enters your system via third-party installers. Some of the installers are created by Performersoft LLC. Our research team checked the installers on their website, and the files were clean, so we can tell that Findamo.com gets added to the installer by a third party.
If you fail to uncheck specific options on the installation wizard, Findamo.com will be set as your homepage. It will also change your default search engine for Search the Web. Truth to the told, it is possible to perform a web search via this search engine. However, your search results will be full of sponsored links. Findamo.com will also be able to collect data on your web browsing habits and then share it with affiliate third parties.
Browser hijackers and adware applications usually collect information on what website you visit, so they would “know” what kind of content is necessary for third-party ads. Findamo.com is bound to displays commercial advertisements because such applications always support them. Nevertheless, you should stay away from third-party ads because Findamo.com does not review them, and it is not responsible for their safety.
For the most part, browser hijackers usually expose you to commercial websites that thrive on pay-per-click system, and they make money when you increase their traffic. However, in the most extreme cases, it could lead you to serious malware infection, so your best option right now is to remove Findamo.com entirely.
How to remove Findamo.com from browser
- Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
- Go to Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Search the Web.
- Press Alt+T again and go to Internet options.
- Change your home page address under General tab and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Search the Web from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change your homepage address under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Search the Web and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Findamo.com appears on your browser when you have unwanted applications installed on your PC. Remove all the potential threats and restore your browser settings in order to avoid serious computer security issues. Please refer to the secondary removal instructions below this article if necessary.