Do you know what Websearch.calcitapp.info is?
Make no mistake – Websearch.calcitapp.info is not a search provider you can trust. Even though it looks quite generic, this search engine is actually a browser hijacker which can initiate unauthorized changes within Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers. Needless to say, in most cases PC users delete Websearch.calcitapp.info right when they discover that their regular home page and search provider tools have been modified without their permission. This is the right reaction. On the other hand, ignoring the sudden changes and trusting the unfamiliar search tool is completely wrong. In fact, ignorance is the worst attitude in this case because illegally traveling threats (which the hijacker is) can come bundled with other dangerous malware, and you need to delete it ASAP!
The interface of Websearch.calcitapp.info may be unfamiliar to you; however, experienced malware researchers have faced quite a few different applications using the same one. Few of them include Websearch.eazytosearch.info, Websearch.fastosearch.info and Websearch.amaizingaearches.info. All of these search tools have four things in common. They can attack without permission, redirect you to google.com, display unreliable banner advertisements and illegally install extensions MySearch 2.1 or SearchNewTab. The latter may use randomized names, such as SNT or SeeArch—NewTaab, to avoid the removal processes. Needless to say, these are the main reasons why Websearch.calcitapp.info removal should be performed without any hesitation as well.
If you are still not convinced that you need to remove Websearch.calcitapp.info from the browsers, you can contact us with your concerns via the comment box below. Or you can simply ignore the unreliable search tool and the virtual security risks it is related to. Obviously, this is not our recommendation, and instead of doing that you should delete Websearch.calcitapp.info using a reliable malware remover. Install the reliable program and let it take care of the hijacker. Afterwards, you will need to delete the unwanted search tools manually, and this is can be done using the simple manual removal guides below.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen and select All apps. The Apps menu will show up.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Now right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows Vista/ Windows 7:
- Navigate to the left of the Task Bar and click the Windows icon.
- In the Start menu select Control Panel and move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click and Uninstall the program you wish to remove from the PC.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and find the installed software.
- Find the undesirable application, select it and finally click Remove.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser and click the search provider icon placed on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and click the undesirable search provider.
- Click Remove to eliminate it from the list and then select OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T for the Tools menu and click Options.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the URL and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F. Select Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite or remove the URL set as the default option and click OK.
- Under Appearance select Show Home button, choose Change and repeat step 3.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines. Select a new search provider.
- Click X placed on the URL of the undesirable search tool and then click Done.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T for the Tools menu.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers.
- Choose a new/preferred and Remove the undesirable search tool. Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T to access the Tools menu once more and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, remove/change the Home Page URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Websearch.calcitapp.info is a browser hijacker, a computer infection which should be deleted right away. You can get rid of the threat manually or using automatic malware removal software, and we recommend the combination of these two methods. While you can get rid of the undesirable search tools manually, we advise using authentic security software to delete the remaining hijacker elements. If you cannot find a way to install authentic software – use the instructions down below.