Do you know what Searcher.ilowcost.ru is?
According to our researchers, Searcher.ilowcost.ru was created for the Russian market. Although the search engine displays English buttons, it can show ads in Russian. Also, besides providing easy-access links to youtube.com and aliexpress.com, it offers a link to vk.com too. Finally, it redirects all searches to go.mail.ru. The results do not appear to be modified, which means that the developers of the engine do not use a better-known, more popular search engine to feed ads and sponsored links. Nevertheless, it cannot be trusted for many reasons. For example, you do not know what kinds of cookies and other data-tracking technologies this tool employs to collect information about. You also do not know if this information is personally identifiable and if it can be shared with malicious parties. This is one of the main reasons users choose to delete Searcher.ilowcost.ru from their browsers.
Without a doubt, users also want to remove Searcher.ilowcost.ru if they are tired of seeing the suspicious notifications displayed by it. The notifications are unlikely to show up without your notice. If you use Firefox, you are most likely to be introduced to the “Will you allow searcher.ilowcost.ru to send notifications?” notification first. Chrome users are informed that the engine “Wants to Show notifications.” If you allow the notifications, you will need to modify your browser’s settings to disable them. Luckily, we can show you how to do it manually. We definitely recommend deleting the notifications because they are just as unpredictable as the engine itself, and it is possible that you could expose yourself to unreliable content via them.Searcher.ilowcost.ru screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you have agreed for Searcher.ilowcost.ru to display the notifications on Chrome or Firefox browser, you can follow the instructions below that show how to delete them. The instructions also show how to remove Searcher.ilowcost.ru from the homepage and search provider in case it takes over the browser that way, as well as how to clear browsing data. You can also use anti-malware software. It can automatically find and eliminate all malicious threats and ensure full-time protection against hijackers, tracking cookies, and other undesirable threats. While we do not classify the engine as a malicious threat, it is likely to have been downloaded along with malware that requires removal. If you do not employ an anti-malware program, you will have to take care of this yourself.
- Launch the browser and enter about:preferences#home into the address bar.
- Remove/replace the home page.
- Enter about:preferences#search into the address bar.
- Remove undesirable search provider.
- Enter about:preferences#privacy into the address bar.
- Under Permissions go to Notifications and click Settings.
- Select the undesirable site, click Remove Website, and click Save Changes.
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+Delete to access the Clear Recent History menu.
- Choose the time range and boxes and click Clear Now.
- Launch the browser and enter chrome://settings/ into the address bar.
- Under Search engine click Manage search engines.
- Remove undesirable search provider.
- Go back, move to the On startup menu, and Remove/replace the unwanted home page.
- Enter chrome://settings/content/notifications into the address bar.
- Remove notifications from undesirable sites.
- Enter chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the address bar.
- Choose the time range and boxes and click Clear data.
In non-techie terms:
Searcher.ilowcost.ru is a strange search engine that asks to enable even stranger notifications. According to our research team, this search engine could be installed along with malware or potentially unwanted programs, which is why you need to be vigilant about what is going on. If you are not sure if malware or PUPs exist, go ahead and install a trusted malware scanner. Hopefully, you only need to delete Searcher.ilowcost.ru from your browser, which you can do using the guides available above. The guides also include steps that show how to eliminate/disable notifications, as well as how to clear browsing data to ensure that no data trackers are left behind. If you have interacted with notifications or advertisements displayed by the engine, make sure you think if you did not put your virtual security at risk by doing so. Finally, if you want to ensure complete protection, do not skip the installation of reliable anti-malware software.