Do you know what Safesear.ch is?
If you wish to browse the web without facing any serious risks, we recommend avoiding Safesear.ch. Even though this particular search engine is not categorized as malicious, our spyware researchers strongly recommend that you do not use it for several different reasons. The most important reason why you should replace the search engine is that it cannot provide you with any authentic search results. If you type in a keyword and click the search icon you will be presented with the google.com/search page, and so Safesear.ch acts as a mediator, which is suspicious for a search engine. Please continue reading to learn more on why you should remove Safesear.ch from the system.
If you have accidentally landed on the search engine you will simply click out of it and use a regular one, just because Safesear.ch is worthless when it comes to actually finding information. However, if you have discovered that this search engine has replaced your regular Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers you should delete Safesear.ch without any hesitations. Do you suspect that your computer has been corrupted by a browser hijacker? In this case your personal system could be infected with various other threats as well. Needless to say, if you do not remove all existing malware, soon enough you could lose control over the system altogether.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and overwrite/remove the displayed Home Page URL. Hit OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T again to select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and Remove the undesirable option. Hit Close.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Go to On Startup, click Set pages and remove/change the displayed URL. Click OK.
- Go to Appearance, click Change and remove/overwrite the presented URL. Click OK.
- Go to Search, click Manage search engines and remove (hit X) the undesirable option. Click Done.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox, go to the search box on the right and click the represented search icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines, click the unwanted option, select Remove and then OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Options to open a new utility.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the presented Home Page and hit OK.
In non-techie terms:
Safesear.ch is a search engine which can provide you with Google search results. We have discovered that the search engine is linked to third-party advertisers and so we do not recommend using it, especially since it is just a mediator search engine and does not present original search results. Follow the instructions above to remove Safesear.ch from your browsers and click the download button below to install a reliable Windows security tool which will detect and remove any potentially attacking threats.