Do you know what Public Security Directorate Virus is?
Public Security Directorate Virus is a computer threat that is classified as ransomware infection. The program blocks you from accessing your computer desktop and displays a fake security message that is supposedly delivered by Public Security Directorate in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. It means that Public Security Directorate Virus infects users in Jordan and then asks for ransom fee, claiming that it is the only way to "atone" and to unlock the computer. However, no matter what Public Security Directorate Virus says, you cannot pay the ransom fee, because nothing will change. Instead, you need to terminate Public Security Directorate Virus right now.
If you think that Public Security Directorate Virus looks familiar then it sure does - this infection comes from the same group as CashU Virus, Abu Dhabi Police GHQ Virus, Policia Boliviana Virus and many other infections that are distributed by Urausy Trojan. All these computer threats belong to Ukash Virus group of ransomware programs. The reason why Public Security Directorate Virus does not make use of Ukash alternative payment system to collect ransom payments from infected users is that this program targets users in the Middle East. As a result, it asks users to send money via CashU, which is a prepaid online payment method available in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
Public Security Directorate Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
By blocking your desktop access Public Security Directorate Virus wants to convince you that you have breached several copyright laws by downloading and distributing copyright material, child pornography and videos contains bestiality. Thus, Public Security Directorate Virus urges you to pay a ransom fee of 300 USD or 300 JOD to unlock your PC and to avoid trial. However, the truth is that Public Security Directorate Virus could never send you to prison and you need to remove Public Security Directorate Virus right now.
How to restore desktop access
Instructions for Windows 8
- Press Windows key and metro Start menu will appear.
- Click the built-in Internet Explorer tile.
- Enter http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph into address bar and press Enter.
- Click Run on download dialog box.
- Run a full system scan with SpyHunter.
Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart your computer and tap F8 continuously.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Options and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and run a full system scan.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Follow the steps 1 and 2 above.
- Press Yes when a confirmation box appears.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Press Start and open Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into Run: Open box and click OK.
- Select Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Click Disable all and press OK.
- Reboot the PC in Normal mode.
- Install SpyHunter and scan your computer.
In non-techie terms:
Public Security Directorate Virus is a computer infection that pretends it is a legal representative of law enforcement authorities, because it wants your money. Remove Public Security Directorate Virus immediately and make sure that you remove all the other related threats as well.
Aliases: Directorate Virus.