Do you know what GasGlance Toolbar is?
GasGlance Toolbar is a browser add-on that is compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. With this toolbar installed on your browser, you should be able to locate the lowest gas prices in the vicinity without any difficulties. The questions is, though, who is looking for gas prices via PC when people can easily find that on their mobile apps? Not to mention that GasGlance Toolbar can also easily pass for an adware application, and as such, it raises particular security concerns. The point is that, you will do yourself a favor if you remove GasGlance Toolbar from your system immediately.
To tell you the truth, this browser toolbar looks like a genuine and legitimate tool, ready to help you deal with a particular issue. It is even possible download the application from gasglance.com. The promotional lines on the site say that with this toolbar you can “locate the best local gas prices” and “compare against the national average.” It is possible to “look for gas prices by ZIP code or by place.” If you use GasGlance Toolbar, you should be able to “find the cheapest gasoline in your area.” Naturally, who would not want to save a few bucks on gas? However, whether this program can really help you with that or not you cannot close your eyes and ignore all the additional features that come with it.
It takes just one glance at the program’s installation wizard to tell that GasGlance Toolbar belongs to the MindSpark family. This group includes many browser toolbars that perform one particular narrow function, and they are promoted as reliable and useful applications. For example, we could say that the program is question is just another version of HomeworkSimplified Toolbar, Video Scavenger Toolbar, Zwinky Toolbar, and many others. Albeit the program may look like the real deal, you have to keep in mind that such applications enter target systems just because they need to make money.GasGlance Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
On top of that, GasGlance Toolbar might have entered your computer with other unwanted applications. Have you downloaded and installed something from a third-party website recently? Has GasGlance Toolbar been added to your default browser since then? Was your default homepage changed to Ask.com? If the answer to all questions is yes, then you seriously have more than one unwanted program on-board, and you have installed the full version of this browser toolbar.
You may say that GasGlance Toolbar changed your browser settings without your permission, but the fact this application supports Ask Search engine is mentioned even on its homepage. In other words, you can AVOID changing your homepage address if you read all the installation steps. Unfortunately, users often fail to do that as they are too hasty about the software installation.
Intrusive behavior is just one of the many reasons you should delete GasGlance Toolbar from your system. Please have in mind that this application also tracks your online activity to generate your online profile. The online profile is necessary because the program needs to spam you with commercial advertisements. If you click those ads, you help the people behind GasGlance Toolbar make money. Unfortunately, some of the ads may sometimes be embedded with outgoing links to corrupted websites, so it is best to disassociated with this application and get rid of it at once.
How to Remove GasGlance Toolbar
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 & Windows 8
- Press the Windows key +R and the Run command box will open.
- Type “control panel” into the Open box and press Enter.
- Under Programs, choose Uninstall a program.
- Highlight GasGlance Toolbar and click Uninstall.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove GasGlance Toolbar.
- Click the Start menu button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Access Add or remove programs and uninstall GasGlance Toolbar.
Change Your Browser Settings
- Press Alt+T and open Internet options.
- Rewrite your homepage address under the General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Ask.com from the list.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Change your homepage address under the General section.
- Click Search on the left pane and choose a new default search engine.
- Remove Ask Search from the list and press Alt+T.
- Select Add-ons and remove GasGlance from Extensions.
- Restart your browser.
- Press Alt+F and open More tools.
- Click Extensions and remove GasGlance.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Press Set pages and change your homepage address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Ask Search and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
GasGlance Toolbar is a potentially harmful browser extension that might have entered your system by chance. It modifies your browser settings and exposes you to unfamiliar websites and other corrupted content. It is important that you remove GasGlance Toolbar from your system before cyber criminals manage to make use of this application. Please terminate the program right now and do not hesitate to leave us a comment if you need any assistance with software removal.