Do you know what Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus?
Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus is a ransomware program that denies desktop access and accuses you of downloading and distributing child pornography among other things. The notification displayed across your screen by this infection looks like a message sent by Politiet (Norwegian Police Service), making users in Norway susceptible to this infection. Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus keeps your computer locked no matter how many times you try to restart it. For some users it is enough to bring them on the verge of panic, as they think that the only way out of this situation is paying the ransom that Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus asks for.
However, it is quite obvious that one should not follow the instructions of a computer infection. Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus comes from the Ukash Virus group so it knows exactly what to do in order to lure your money out of you, just like the other variant of this infection called ICE Virus. These threats do not need to know your bank account or credit card details to steal your money. If a user is convinced that the message he sees on his screen is sent by a Norwegian Police Service, he is bound to pay the "fine", thinking this is the way to unlock the computer and avoid criminal sentence. However, not a single word displayed in the notification is true:
Datamaskinen din er midlertidig låst på grunn av uautorisert datavirsksomhet.
Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Det er mulige brudd du har begat:
Art 174. Opphavsrettbrudd
Straffes med fengsel fra 2 til 5 år eller bot som beløper seg fra 100 000 opptil 120 000 NOK (Bruk eller distribusjon av verk beskyttet med opphavsrett)
For å låse opp datamaskinen din og unngå andre juridiske konsekvenser du må betale en bot som beløper seg til 1000 NOK.
Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus says that you have to pay the 1000 NOK fine during 48 hours, otherwise, your personal information will be forwarded to the court. The infection also claims that if you attempt to unlock your computer on your own, you will experience a permanent data loss. That is not going to happen, so you are free to remove Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus from your PC after having unblocked your desktop.
How unlock your PC:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart your computer and tap F8 repeatedly when BIOS screen disappears.
- If you see Windows logo show up, restart the computer and try again.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
- Access http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and perform a full system scan to detect Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus.
- Follow the steps above from 1 to 3.
- When a confirmation box appears, click Yes.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start Menu and launch Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into the Open box and click OK.
- Select Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Click Disable all and click OK to save changes.
- Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and run a full system scan.
In non-techie terms:
Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus is a computer threat that pretends to be a legal representative of a Norwegian Police Service. It wants to steal your money, so you need unlock your desktop following the instructions above and then remove Datamaskinen Din Er Låst Virus from your computer with a reliable antimalware program.
Aliases: Datamaskinen Virus.