Do you know what CouponAlert_2p is?
If you have noticed CouponAlert_2p on your system, it means that you might have downloaded it from its official website download.couponalert.com or it might have come bundled with additional software. In either way, we do not recommend keeping this browser plugin onto your computer because you might experience more disadvantages than advantages related to it. You will definitely notice its presence because it adds a toolbar to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The toolbar itself is based on Mindspark engine and even though this company might seem decent, you should still remove CouponAlert_2p, if you do not want to experience any of its activities.
One of the most annoying features of CouponAlert_2p is various notifications about the available printable coupons, promo deals, and the like which might appear on the toolbar. These commercials do not seem to be able to cause any problems; however, you should be extremely cautious because if you click on them, you will definitely be redirected to some other websites whose content is unknown. It means that it is rather possible to infect your system with malicious software. What is more, as these deals might appear at any time, your browsing processes might be disrupted to a great extent. The only way to prevent this from happening is to erase CouponAlert_2p and never install it again. Finally, it is known that this browser plugin might change your homepage and search engine if it happens that you do not un-tick the installation preferences and agree with the changes.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The researchers of spyware-techie.com have found that CouponAlert_2p might come bundled with other software and there is no need to download it from its official website. The typical programs, which might come together with CouponAlert_2p, are those belonging to the category of freeware and shareware; thus, you should always be very careful when installing new software and do not ever forget to select advanced installation option.
You can always remove CouponAlert_2p browser plugin from your system. If you are not sure how to do that, you can always use the instructions that you will find below. If it happens that you are not able to remove this application for any reason, you can always acquire a reliable antimalware tool and then scan your system with it. In our opinion, SpyHunter is the tool which can be definitely trusted.
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program and click Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the useless application.
- Select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the background of the Metro UI.
- Select All apps.
- Locate the Control Panel and then select it.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove CouponAlert_2p.
- Open the browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the extension and click Disable.
- Select Search Providers from the menu on the left.
- Remove the unwanted search engine by clicking the Remove button.
- Tap Alt+T again and then click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab and type in a new homepage URL.
- Click OK.
- Launch your browser.
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Select Extensions.
- Click on the extension and select Disable.
- Click on the search field at the upper part of the start screen.
- Tap F4 and then select Manage Search Engines…
- Select the unwanted search engine and click Remove.
- Tap Alt+T.
- Go to Options and click on the General tab.
- Add a homepage address and click OK.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools and then go to Extensions.
- Click on the extension and select the recycle bin button. Click Remove.
- Select Settings from the Chrome menu.
- In On startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Add a new URL and click OK.
- Mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Add a Home page URL and click OK.
- Scroll down and select Manage search engines… under Search.
- Remove the undesirable search provider by clicking X.
- Click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Even though CouponAlert_2p might seem extremely useful for those computer users who are constantly hunting discounts, we do not recommend keeping this browser plugin because you will not be able to use your preferred homepage and search engine as well as you will be forced to suffer from different notifications about coupons and other deals. Clicking on them might be dangerous as well, which is why we urgently recommend removing CouponAlert_2p from your system.
Aliases: Coupon Alert_2p.