Do you know what Connect toolbar is?
Connect toolbar is a browser extension. It comes from the Conduit group of browser plugins and its reliability is highly doubtful. Granted, it is NOT a computer infection, because users download and install the application themselves, but if you had no intention of installing Connect Toolbar on your computer, you should terminate it along with any other additional applications it might have arrived with. Given the freeware nature, it is very likely that Connect Toolbar has brought some additional apps on your PC as well.
The application can be downloaded by any of us at connectdlc5.toolbar.com. There you are told that the plugin is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers. It means that disregarding your default browser, should you install the application, you will definitely notice the consequences. What is more, Connect Toolbar might also come bundled with freeware downloaded from third party websites, namely such applications as Xvid video codec, PriceGong or ValueApps. If that were not enough, Connect Toolbar itself installs another application when it gets downloaded from the official website – if you go through the installation wizard automatically, you get Wajam app installed on your PC as well.
Connect Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Also, the default installation setup is that which allows Connect Toolbar change your default home page and search engine to search.conduit.com. Conduit Search does provide you with a rather decent search engine function, but it is so wrought with commercial advertisements that you should really think twice before making use of the search engine. After all, third party commercial advertisements could be related to malware distribution.
To prevent that from happening, do uninstall Connect Toolbar from your computer along with Wajam and any other potentially unwanted application that could have arrived bundled with it. Scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner to determine which programs ought to be removed from the system and then invest in a licensed antimalware tool if necessary, to safeguard your PC against various unwanted intruders.
How to uninstall Connect Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Wait for Charm bar to appear and then click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Remove Connect DLC 5 Toolbar, Search protect by Conduit and Wajam.
- When pop-up wizard appears, follow the instructions to restore your browser settings.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Wajam, Search protect by Conduit and Connect DLC 5 Toolbar.
- Follow pop-up wizard options to restore your browser settings.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or remove programs and uninstall Wajam, Search protect by Conduit and Connect DLC 5 Toolbar.
- When Uninstall Toolbar pop-up appears, select the right options to restore your browser settings to default.
Remove Conduit Search from browser
- Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
- Press Search providers on the left.
- Right-click Connect DLC 5 Customized web search and remove it.
- Press the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines.
- Remove Connect DLC 5 Customized web search and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Scroll down to Search and click Manage Search engines.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Connect DLC 5 Customized web search and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Connect Toolbar is a browser plugin that obviously gets installed on your browser as a toolbar. However, it is rather doubtful whether it is really useful and considering all the potentially security threats associated with it, it would be for the best to remove Connect Toolbar from your computer and protect it against various threats.