Do you know what APlusGamer Toolbar is?
APlusGamer Toolbar is an application which you may have downloaded from aplusgamer.com. Even though the tool available for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers could be offered to you alongside other applications as well, most users download it from the official website. What is unfortunate is that some computer users do not pay enough attention to the installation process, which is why so many wish to delete APlusGamer Toolbar from their operating systems. Were you surprised to discover Ask Web Search applications installed onto the browsers? Do not rush to identify the toolbar as a browser hijacker because it is most likely that the undesirable search tools were installed with your consent without you even realizing it.APlusGamer Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Are you familiar with the developer of the APlusGamer Toolbar? This company is the developer of ButterflyField Toolbar, Gaming Wonderland Toolbar, OnlineMapFinder Toolbar, and other well-known browser plugins which computer users install for specific needs. Of course APlusGamer Toolbar has been created for those who are interested in playing games. Access to these games is provided via the buttons placed on the toolbar; however, the search tools are not related to the theme. Home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com are just regular search tools which you may decide to use for web browsing. Needless to say, you may be confused about the installation of these search tools if you have acquired them by mere accident. Ask search tools can provide sponsored search results and you may find the search tools you have used prior to the installation of APlusGamer Toolbar more beneficial, and so you may choose delete these.
Even though APlusGamer Toolbar is not a malicious program and Ask search tools which come bundled with it are not considered intrusive either, it is most likely that you will be able to get away with manual removal. Follow the instructions below and all undesirable applications will be deleted in no time. Despite this, we urge you to remove APlusGamer Toolbar automatically if it was installed with other suspicious programs. Unfamiliar and potentially invasive programs deserve immediate removal.
Delete APlusGamer Toolbar
Delete from Windows XP:
- Click Start on the Task Bar and a menu will show up.
- Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable toolbar.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and locate the installed applications.
- Right-click and Uninstall the application you wish to remove.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Now right-click the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove unwanted browser tools
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab on the left and find the Home Page box.
- Change/delete the displayed URL and then click OK.
- Find the Firefox search box on the right and click the search provider icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable option. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A and select Extensions.
- Remove the undesirable browser plugin.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Navigate to the left and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the undesirable plugin if you are allowed to.
- Now move to Search Providers and add a new default option.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and select Close.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T once again and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/delete the Home Page and click OK.
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F, select Tools and then Extensions.
- Move to the undesirable plugin, click the trash icon on the right and select Remove.
- Navigate to the menu on the left and click Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change/delete the URL which represents the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 5.
- Finally go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove (click the X mark) the undesirable search provider and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Even though getting APlusGamer Toolbar deleted is not compulsory, most users choose to get rid of this plugin because it is not that beneficial. Furthermore, it travels bundled with often undesirable Ask web search tools. Luckily this potentially unwanted software is easy to delete and you can use the manual removal applications for the purpose. Install authentic security software to have undesirable software deleted automatically and reliable protection initiated.